Monday- Friday 8am-4pm
This is technical field work involving responding and documenting requests, to locate and mark the underground potable/reclaimed/stormwater and wastewater utilities at various locations throughout the service areas. Employees in this position are expected to be able to perform any and all work tasks and comply with any work schedules, attendance, or duty requirements, or applicable union contracts. Work is performed under the general direction of a technical supervisor and is reviewed through conversation, the analysis of reports, observation, work performed, and the evaluation of results achieved.
- Retrieves daily utility location requests from ticket management software.
- Assist in determining distribution of work orders among staff
- Determines most efficient routes for performing work.
- Closes-out requests upon completion of work.
- Maintains accurate record keeping by entering notes in the computer.
- Utilizes a vehicle mounted portable computer and printer in the field to retrieve electronic utility maps and drawings of the proposed excavation area.
- Performs field measurements and prepares notes and sketches in both electronic and hand-written format of utilities which are shown incorrectly on maps and drawings; conveys this information to technical staff who make the appropriate changes.
- At least 3 years’ experience with underground utilities
- Required to pass a background check and drug screening.